The Railway Association of Canada (RAC) produces a range of publications to keep you up to date on what’s happening in Canada’s rail industry. From our quarterly magazine Interchange to our annual statistical document Rail Trends, RAC’s publications give you insight into the industry’s performance and the current issues it faces.
Fact Sheets & Infographics
Did you know that Canada’s intercity passenger rail service connects more than 400 communities from coast to coast? Or that Canada’s railways move a tonne of freight a kilometre for just three cents? Browse through RAC’s fact sheets and infographics to learn more amazing facts about Canada’s rail industry.
- Safety is a top priority for Canada’s railways. Before recreational marijuana becomes legal, governments should be on board with policies to ensure workplaces remain safe.
- Rail relocation is the practice of moving rail lines and facilities out of urban areas. In all cases, it is an extremely complex and costly process that involves numerous stakeholders. Railways rely on their massive infrastructure to provide safe and efficient service in a competitive marketplace. In cases where existing rail facilities may not be suitable for upgrading or expansion, railways will explore relocation. However, railways will not commit to relocations that in any way impair their ability to serve their customers.
- Canada’s railways’ capital investments in 2018 will be a record $5 billion. Our investments are directly benefitting farmers, shippers, and the Canadian economy, and are further demonstrating the rail industry’s commitment to serving as a reliable partner within a world-class supply chain.
- Safety is a top priority for Canada’s railways, and they are committed to continuously improving their safety record. Each year, Canada’s railways launch new initiatives to improve safety, transparency and emergency preparedness, while accelerating their existing safety eﬀorts.
- This two-sided document includes a map of Canada’s railway network and key figures related to the rail industry’s performance in 2016. Page two features a table showing provincial and regional rail industry performance data.
- A summary of the latest safety, economic and financial performance indicators for Canada's rail sector.