RAC 2021 Federal Election Pre-Budget Submission
On Friday, August 27th, the Railway Association of Canada (RAC) filed it’s 2021 Pre-Election Submission to the various federal parties running in the 2021 federal election.
The submission outlines key recommendations:
- Enhancing rail safety;
- Enhancing intercommunity passenger rail service in Canada;
- Investing in public transit and commuter rail;
- Increasing support for shortline railways in Canada;
- Tax policy and Canadian freight railway competitiveness, and;
- Reinvigorating Canada’s tourism railways.
The pre-election submission is available on here for your information and distribution. Members are encouraged to reinforce its themes in election related discussions and submissions to officials.